This is a fragment of a statue of a husband and wife.
It is from the Temple of Ptah at Memphis.
The original statue showed husband and wife sat next to each other, his arm around her shoulders, her arm around his waist. Only her hand is left now. The inscription tells us little as it is so fragmentary: ‘A royal offering to Ptah, the Great God, the Lord of the Sacred Land, Lord of the Two Lands, ka? Ptah….’
This is a fragment of a statue of a husband and wife. It is made from granite stone. It is over 3,000 years old, dating to the 18th or 19th Dynasty (1550-1186 BCE) in the New Kingdom.